Welcome to the Candy League. The sweetest way to interact with your collectibles, work with the Candy community to solve puzzles and challenges and build out your collection of rewards. Everything you need to know about what the Candy League is, the kind of challenges offered and the brand new Candy Code Breakers can be found here.
The Candy League is the premier spot for MLB fans and digital collectible enthusiasts to take their collections and knowledge of the game to the next level. The Candy League is a set of Campaigns including different on-site challenges. Compete in the on-site challenges and Candy Code Breakers throughout the 2023 season to earn exclusive rewards.
Important Notes for the Candy League:
The Candy League is exclusive to Candy x MLB as of now. Join our Discord to get real time updates from Candy and other collectors.
Important Words to Know:
Before we begin, we’re going to do a quick vocabulary lesson to make sure we’re all together. Here are some new or important terms to the Candy League and Candy Code Breakers!
- Campaign: a campaign is a set of challenges. Each Campaign will run for one month, and includes various types of challenges and engagement opportunities, which you can complete to earn points. Compete to have the top score in each Campaign, as well as accumulate your points throughout the season
- Challenge: the activities you must complete in order to earn points - This may be a 24-Hour, Weekly, or Monthly challenge, Code Breakers, or another engagement activity
- Tiers: there are two tiers, these Tiers are representative of your level in the Candy League, the more Campaigns you join and Challenges you complete, the more likely you are to level up!
- ~Tier 1: Earn 125 points and receive an exclusive Players of the Month Pack - Standard. These highlight packs will commemorate both Players of the Week and Players of the Month. Each pack will contain 2 highlights. Edition counts will be determined based on the number of users who reach each tier.
- ~Tier 2: Earn 500 points and receive an exclusive Players of the Month Pack - Premium. Just like the packs in Tier 1, these packs will commemorate both Players of the Week and Players of the Month. Edition counts will be determined based on the number of users who reach each Tier.
- ~~You must accumulate the noted points to reach that tier and win the associated reward. Rewards for each tier will be noted on our site.
- Candy League Campaign Score: the accumulated points you earn from challenges throughout one single campaign
- Candy League Score: the total points earned across all campaigns and challenges
- ~note*: at launch, these scores will not be visible publicly, please know that our backend team is keeping track of these scores
Types of Challenges:
Here at Candy, we have seen multiple different types of challenges and are now excited to expand on that! The Candy League will offer four different types of Challenges to start.
- 24 Hour Challenges: random, bespoke challenges dropped on random days that involve collecting various items and ICONs
- Weekly Challenges: themed challenges that involve collecting various items and ICONs relating to the theme
- Monthly Challenges: Monthly challenges will last an entire month (shocking), these challenges will be centered around collecting full sets of a specific product
- Candy Code Breakers: Candy Code Breakers is a series of interactive puzzle challenges. These challenges will require collectors to submit ICONs from the 2023 Team Packs
The above challenges can be further broken down into how those challenges are completed:
- Burning Challenges: You are eliminating a chosen item(s) in order to gain something in return - Whether that be rewards or a new item
- ~Examples include the Community Burn, where you burned ICONs in exchange for pieces of candy. Or the Jersey Burn, where you burned a 2021 Candy Jersey in exchange for an MLB player jersey of your choice
- ~Learn more about burning
- Collection Challenges: Requires a collector to acquire and hold specific items until a specified date - May include a full set, partial set, or items that fit a specific theme or represent a proposed outcome (in the case of predictive challenges)
- Skill or Knowledge Based Challenges: more information on these types of challenges can be found below under Candy Code Breakers
- Predictive Challenges: these types of challenges can be found under our Candy Racing vertical but are on their way to MLB, stay tuned!
- ~Learn more about the Candy Racing Predictive Challenge
The rewards for completing challenges will be Tier specific.
- Users who complete challenges required for Tier 1 will receive exclusive Player of the Month - Standard Packs
- Users who complete challenges required for Tier 2 will receive exclusive Player of the Month - Premium Packs
There are additional rewards such as game tickets, signed memorabilia, and the chance to meet players too! These rewards are reserved for users who take their skill to the next level by moving up in our Leaderboard.
Candy Code Breakers (beta)
Candy Code Breakers is a new type of Challenge we are introducing this season. It is a series of interactive puzzle challenges that will require collectors to submit ICONs from the 2023 Team Packs.
Candy Code Breakers was created to build a greater and more interactive Candy Community. Explore the secondary market for outstanding ICONs and pieces and work with fellow community members in Discord and through social media to help crack the codes!
There are three levels of difficulty for Candy Code Breakers:
- Easiest: offers you the Title of the Challenge and Trivia Question
- Middle Difficulty: just offers you the Title of the Challenge
- Hardest: no clues are given, you must rely on trial and error
- ~**This level of the Challenge offers the biggest community experience.
How to Play:
- Users must hold 2023 Team Packs or 2023 Team Pack ICONs in their collection
- Team Packs can be purchased through the Primary market, or you can pick up individual Team Pack ICONs on the secondary market
- Submit two to four ICONs from the 2023 Team Packs to act as your game pieces and to help answer the trivia questions.
- As ICONs are entered, the game will give you hints and other tips to help you select the correct answers to Break the Code and earn exclusive Code Breakers ICONs and points toward your Candy League Campaign score.
Important Notes for the Candy Code Breakers:
Candy Code Breakers is in its beta version of the game. Please understand that users could experience some issues and that our team is aware of these and constantly improving the game and your experience. Please share any bugs or issues you encounter, any feedback is helpful to our team.
At launch, Candy Code Breakers requires the submission of ICONs to participate and complete the challenges. As we work to improve your experience, tickets and highlights will be included.